Tuesday, May 31, 2011
Memorial Day weekend
We decided to make a last minute trip to Carlsbad for Memorial Day weekend. We drove to Mesquite the first day and spent the night, then drove into Carlsbad the next day. We had a fun BBQ at Jay & Jen's house on Friday night. On Saturday, we walked down to the beach and took some pictures, James loved the water. It was too cold to get in though. Then it was off the outlet mall! I love the outlet mall in Carlsbad, but this time, it was all about getting James stuff. I don't think I purchased anything for me...oh, a starbucks and some knock-off sunglasses. He's obsessed with shoes, so we got him a couple new pairs. Then we ate lunch at our favorite place, the burger shop by the beach. On Sunday, we drove up to Newport Beach and stayed the night. There is this really cute candy shop there that had some yummy salt water taffy (my fav!!) so I stocked up :) On Monday, we left early, and 12 hours later, we were home. We all had a fantastic time! James did great on the drive, he was such a trooper. The last two hours coming home were kinda rough, but we made it! Can't wait to go back.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment